Authorising contractor Timesheets and Expenses couldn't be easier using our inTime web portal.
Please follow the simple steps outlined below and in our Manager's Guide that you will find attached the bottom of this page.
If you need help please contact our Accounts Team on 01332 287713 or by email.
1) Logging In:
You will first be asked to enter your username and password. Both should already have been emailed to you in 2 separate emails via the InTime system.
2) The Main Menu:
Timesheet menu that provides access to authorise timesheets
View previously approved timesheets
Expense approvals or rejections
The profile menu provides access to your user profile where you can update your contact details and change you system preferences.
3) Approving Timesheets:
There are 2 ways to approve timesheets:
Bulk Approvals: tick each item listed you wish to approve, then enter your password and then click approve. All selected items will be approved.
Individual Approvals: click the timesheet ID number of the timesheet you would like to view, enter your password (at the bottom), then click approve or reject. If you select reject, you will be presented with a new page asking for a reason for the rejection. The contractor will then be notified of the rejection so that they can take appropriate action.
4) Approved Timesheets / Expenses:
- Once approved, timesheets / expenses will be available for review in the Approved area, which can be accessed by clicking Approved from the Timesheet or Expenses menu.
- This will provide a list of all the items that you have approved. Clicking on the item ID will expand it and provide further details.
5) Searching Timesheets / Expenses:
- If you need to find a specific timesheet / expenses item, you can use the Search feature from the Timesheet or Expenses menu.
- When selected, you will be presented with a search form where you can specify dates, placement or timesheet criteria to locate a specific timesheet / expense item.
6) Viewing Workers:
- To access the list of your workers, simply click on Workers in the Profile menu.
- You will then be presented with a list of all workers assigned to you.
7) Viewing Placements:
- You can view your list of current contractor placements via the Placements option on the Profiles menu.
- This will provide you a list of all active placements that you are responsible for.
- Clicking on the name of the individual placements will expand the item and provide further information.
- This will show details such as the agency, worker, manager and agency contact associated with the placement, as well as any reference codes, start/finish dates, job description and holidays booked.
Draft: a draft timesheet is one that a worker has created, saved but not yet submitted. There are no draft options for expenses.
Submitted: a submitted timesheet / expenses item is one that a worker has created and submitted for your approval. Submitted timesheets / expenses cannot be modified.
Approved: an approved timesheet / expenses item is one that you have approved for payment.
Rejected: a rejected timesheet / expenses item is one that has been rejected by you. For example, this could be because of incorrectly entered hours. You should provide a comment as to why the timesheets / expenses were rejected. When rejected, the timesheet then becomes a draft once again for editing and re-submission. Expenses can be edited via the expense rejection menu option.
Need help? Please contact our Accounts Team on 01332 287713 or by email.