1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer - SP - 19484
- SP - 19484
- ICT in Education
- Position type
- Key skills
- 1st Line Support
- South West
- Salary (from)
- £25,000 (up to)
- Actual Rate
- 18,000 - 20,000 per annum + benefits
- Contact name
- Sophie Pape
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- February 13th, 2018
1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer
18,000 - 20,000 per annum + benefits
Syntax Consultancy have a requirement for a 1st/ 2nd Line Support Engineer to be based in Hampshire. You must have a strong customer focus and have a high level of urgency.
- Providing 1st/ 2nd Line Technical Support to education sector customers.
- Remote management and maintenance of client network environments.
- Responding to queries, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems and determining and implementing solutions
- Escalation of Active Directory, Hardware, Backup and Windows Server issues to the relevant parties
- Technical support of a classroom environment, including interactive displays, printer's workstations
- Enhanced DBS/CRB cleared or willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
- Configuring and managing Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- Good knowledge and/or experience with Server 2008 R2 to 2012 R2.
- Experience in Virtualisation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with desktop operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 8
- Self-Motivated and accountable with a high attention to detail
- Excellent Time Management, and Planning andamp; Control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Experience in supporting a school network environment or previous experience working in the education sector.
- MCSA / MCSE 2008/2012 Certified
- Apple Devise configuration
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Developers / Programmers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers
- PMO Managers / PMO Support
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.