1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer - SP - 19509
- SP - 19509
- ICT in Education
- Position type
- Key skills
- 1st Line Support
- South West
- £16 - £30 per hour
- Actual Rate
- 130 - 150 per day DOE
- Contact name
- Sophie Pape
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- March 5th, 2018
1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer
Rolling Contract - 2 days per Week
130 - 150 per day DOE
Syntax Consultancy have a requirement for a 1st/ 2nd Line Support Engineer to be based in Newton Abbott for 2 days per week. You must have a strong customer focus and have a high level of urgency. You must also display high levels of ownership and should be available to start immediately.
- Providing 1st/ 2nd Line Technical Support to education sector customers.
- Remote management and maintenance of client network environments.
- Responding to queries, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems and determining and implementing solutions
- Escalation of Active Directory, Hardware, Backup and Windows Server issues to the relevant parties
- Technical support of a classroom environment, including interactive displays, printer's workstations
- Enhanced DBS/CRB cleared or willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
- Configuring and managing Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- Good knowledge and/or experience with Server 2008 R2 to 2012 R2.
- Experience in Virtualisation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with desktop operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 8
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS, 7, 8 and 10
- Microsoft Exchange/ Share point/ Office365
- Firewalls/ HP Switching / Routing and UTM's.
- Self-Motivated and accountable with a high attention to detail
- Excellent Time Management, and Planning andamp; Control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Experience in supporting a school network environment or previous experience working in the education sector.
- MCSA / MCSE 2008/2012 Certified
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary/rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Developers / Programmers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers
- PMO Managers / PMO Support
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.