1st Line Support Engineer - HM - 19521
- HM - 19521
- ICT in Education
- Position type
- Key skills
- 1st Line Support
- East Midlands
- Salary (from)
- Actual Rate
- 125 - 135 Per Day
- Contact name
- Hayley McCabe
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- March 14th, 2018
1st Line Support Engineer
125 - 135 per day
Our client is a leading provider of ICT Services into the Education Sector, seeking a 1st Line IT Engineer to start ASAP (Subject to candidates availability) for an ongoing Contract.
- Providing 1st/ 2nd Line Technical Support to education sector customers.
- Remote management and maintenance of client network environments.
- Responding to queries, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems and determining and implementing solutions.
- Escalation of Active Directory, Hardware, Backup and Windows Server issues to the relevant parties.
- Technical support of a classroom environment, including interactive displays, printer's workstations.
- Enhanced DBS/CRB cleared or willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
- A good knowledge and experience working within the education sector.
- Configuring and managing Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP.
- Good knowledge and/or experience with Server 2008 R2 to 2012 R2.
- Experience in Virtualisation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V).
- Experience with desktop operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 8.
- Self-Motivated and accountable with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent Time Management and Planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate at all levels.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary/rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Developers / Programmers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers
- PMO Managers / PMO Support
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.