2nd/ 3rd Line ICT Engineer - SP - 19481
- SP - 19481
- ICT in Education
- Position type
- Key skills
- Salary (from)
- Actual Rate
- 24,000 - 27,000 (DOE) + benefits.
- Contact name
- Sophie Pape
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- February 13th, 2018
2nd/ 3rd Line ICT Engineer
South East London
24,000 - 27,000 (DOE) + benefits.
Syntax Consultancy have a requirement for a ICT Engineer to be based in South East London to work within the Education sector. The position is to start ASAP depending on candidate's availability.
This is working for well known, expanding IT Solutions and Managed Service provider that includes the full spectrum of ICT. All of their services are managed and delivered by a team that has a wealth of experience and an excellent reputation within the education arena.
To provide a high-quality ICT service to all schools and other Educational bodies who purchase services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ICT technical support and guidance to all clients and staff
- Resolving 2nd/ 3rd Line support calls and escalated issues.
- Responsible for overall management of the Support teams on site.
- Liaising with internal and external ICT partners and colleagues on new sales opportunities, projects or remedial activities
- Assisting in the management and development of the Schools ICT infrastructure
- Keeping abreast of new ICT Education developments
- Ability to work with other employees or customers who do not have an ICT background.
- Ability to communicate persuasively at all levels of the organisation.
- Prior experience working within the education sector.
Keys Skills and Experience
- Must have strong working knowledge of Apple products; Deploying iPad's, Mac System builds using Profile Manager.
- Current CompTIA A+, MCP/ MCSE/ MCSE or MCTS.
- CCNA accreditation an advantage.
- Configuring and managing Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- Strong knowledge and/or experience with Server 2008/2012
- Working knowledge of Office 365 and / or Google Apps.
- Working knowledge in Virtualisation technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with desktop operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 8
- Knowledge of configuring and maintaining Profile Manager, OSX 10.7+, Workgroup Manager
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Developers / Programmers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers
- PMO Managers / PMO Support
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.