2nd Line Field Engineer - HM - 19548
- HM - 19548
- ICT in Education
- Position type
- Key skills
- CRB / DBS
- Salary (from)
- £26,000 - £50,000
- Actual Rate
- Up to 28,000 Per Annum + Benefits
- Contact name
- Hayley McCabe
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- April 11th, 2018
2nd Line Field Support Engineer
Up to 28,000 + Benefits
2nd Line Field Engineer needed by a leading managed service provider in the Education Sector, to help support their wealth of schools. A superb opportunity has arisen for a 2nd Line Field Engineer to join a highly recognised and always expanding IT Solutions and managed service provider.
We need an engineer with a solid background in and extensive experience of supporting both Microsoft and Apple Technologies.
As a Roaming Field Engineer you will be working in different educational environments with a team of dedicated professionals.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Providing 2nd Line Technical Support to education sector customers
- Ensuring continuity, efficiency and enhancing ICT networks
- Management and maintenance of client network environments
- Build key relationships with key technical contacts at client sites and third parties
- Ability to keep abreast of developments in the market relevant to our business
- Deploy Studio / Apple Image Creation
- iPad deployment using (Apple configurator or an MDM Solution)
- OSX 10.7+
- Virtualisation - Good understanding of the virtualization concepts with good working knowledge of VMWare and Hyper-V
- Active Directory - set up and troubleshooting all aspects of AD and its associated services (Group Policy, DNS, DFS, DHCP) across different infrastructures
- Any experience dealing with Office 365 beneficial
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary/rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Developers / Programmers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers
- PMO Managers / PMO Support
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.