AWS Big Data Engineer - AWS Big Data Engineer (Hadoop/AWS/Spark) - 19520
- AWS Big Data Engineer (Hadoop/AWS/Spark) - 19520
- Position type
- Key skills
- Big Data
- South East
- £251 - £500 per day
- 3 - 6 months (Rolling)
- Actual Rate
- 300 - 330 Per Day (DOE)
- Contact name
- Zain Farooq
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- March 14th, 2018
Big Data (Hadoop/ AWS / SPARK)
3-6 Month Rolling Contract
Big Data Developer needed with Big Dataproject experience. Hands-on software development experience in Big Data Hadoop, Spark andamp; AWS.
3-6 month rolling contract with excellent scope for long-term contract renewals. Start ASAP in March 2018 (subject to your notice period / availability).
Role andamp; Responsibilities
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ?big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Essential Skills Experience required
- Experience with Big Data tools: Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Oracle, Postgres, Access and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Experience with AWS and cloud services including, but not limited to EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Glue, Athena, Kinesis, etc
- Understanding of AWS permissions model and its application to native tools
- Experience with stream-processing systems like Kinesis, Storm, etc
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience of predictive modelling and linear programming packages like Spark-MLLib, Pulp, etc
- Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
- If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Software Developers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers / PMO / Planners
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- IT Support / Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- Web / Digital / e-Commerce
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.