CNC Machinists - CE19472
- Advanced Engineering
- Position type
- Key skills
- East Midlands
- Salary (from)
- Actual Rate
- 25k - 28k
- Contact name
- Caroline Evans
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- March 20th, 2018
This role is primarily responsible for setting and operating computer numerical controlled (CNC) lathes working with Fanuc CNC work centres.
1. Responsible for setting and operating CNC lathes, performs machine set ups to obtain close tolerances, fitting and alignment of machined parts. Examines machine to become familiar with tooling set up, changes tool offsets to keep dimensions within specified drawing tolerances and according to System Process Control (SPC) results.
2. Performs in-process inspection including key characteristics (KC) using a wide variety of measuring devices, including both contact and non contact CMM's, conventional measuring equipment and shadowgraphs, recording all measurements on our Quality Data System. Conducts first off inspections, prior to Quality Assurance approval according to prescribed procedure.
3. De-burrs parts with minimal disruption to material problems that could slow down or stop production.
4. Completes and maintains all necessary records of time, part counts, last piece inspections and others for each job.
5. Inform the Production Supervisor of any machinery or material problems, which could slow down or stop production.
6. Maintains work area in a safe, clean and orderly manner. This includes conforming to AS9100 quality standards and Health andamp; Safety at Work Act requirements (1974).
7. The individual works as an active member of the Self Directed Work Team, performing duties as assigned by the team. The individual participates in job rotation and cross training activities, helping to ensure success of the Self Directed Team.
8. Participates in Lean Six Sigma and process improvement activities when required.
Required Skills and Experience
? Experience of working within a Manufacturing environment
? Ability to use measuring equipment and interpret drawings
? Ability to set/ operate Fanuc machines
? Ability to use simple gauges or instruments
? Working knowledge of mathematics in a manufacturing environment
? Ability to work well in a team environment
Apprenticeship trained or able to demonstrate extensive CNC machinist experience