Data Warehouse Developer (ETL / SQL / SSIS / SSAS) - Nottingham - -19148
- Position type
- Key skills
- East Midlands
- 6 Month Rolling Contract + Possible Permanent
- Actual Rate
- 140/day (max)
- Contact name
- Sourcing Team
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- May 4th, 2017
Data Warehouse Developer (ETL / SQL / SSIS / SSAS)
6 Month Contract + Possible Permanent
Data Warehouse / BI Developer needed for a 6 month contract in Nottingham with potential for a permanent position longer-term. Working within the DW / BI Development Team.
Candidates must have in-depth ETL, SQL Server, SSIS and SSAS design / development expertise. Our client is working to a maximum fixed-rate of 140/day for this role. Start ASAP in May 2017.
Key Skills / Experience / Duties:
- The technical environment focuses on the Microsoft BI stack, including SQL Server, SSIS and SSAS, plus some PL/SQL on Oracle 11g databases.
- Developing, modifying and maintaining ETL routines using established libraries and tools.
- Database and cube design / development to existing standards.
- Writing project documentation, including systems and design specifications.
- Producing test plans and documentation. Using Source Code and release software to ensure all developments are documented properly.
- Resolving data and design issues with end users.
- Must be able to work independently on smaller projects and offer guidance and help to less experienced colleagues.
- Working closely with other teams to understand their information needs and analytical requirements.
- Engaging with Project Managers and Departmental Managers to agree implementation time-scales.
- Estimating work-load and to raising appropriate alerts if estimates are likely to be missed.
- Able to discuss complex technical issues with end-users and working with users to prototype applications and agree modification specifications.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, rateexpectations and a short paragraph explaining why you think you would be a good match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will receive a call from a member of the Syntax team who will run through the opportunity in greater detail and will be happy to answer any further questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency.