Field Based Locomotive Service Technician - CE19417
- Position type
- Key skills
- Actual Rate
- 20 phr (neg)
- Contact name
- Caroline Evans
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- December 6th, 2017
Field based Locomotive Service Technician
To deliver engineering services to customers. Prime function is locomotive maintenance to ensure fleet reliability. Responsible for the high quality and effective execution of allocated contract maintenance and engineering projects within agreed timescales and budgets.
Critical Success Factors
* Consistently deliver high standards of engineering workmanship for customers.
* Proactively maintain the customer's locomotive fleet to ensure safe and reliable operation.
* Respond to the customer's unscheduled events in a rapid andamp; efficient manner.
* Complete and maintain all relevant documentation in an accurate and timely manner
* To build productive and effective working relationships with Company staff and customers.
* To contribute to the delivery of customer satisfaction and provide market information for the Business Development team to identify and develop new sales or products.
* Adhere to and comply with the Company's Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Policies at all times.
* To participate in the Company appraisal process maintaining at all times the levels of professional competency laid out in this Job Description.
* Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and fault-finding activities as necessary
* Act as lead engineer for contracts, projects or tasks as necessary to support operational performance or customer demand as identified by line manager
* Participate on the Engineering Services On-Call Roster, providing technical assistance over the phone or in the field as required
* Work positively with QHSE staff to ensure continuous quality improvement, effective quality audit and resolve customer complaints and queries
* Carry out In process checks / audits in line with Company quality management standards and processes
* To undertake risk assessments and implement appropriate control measures in line with legislation and rail industry requirements
* Relevant experience gained in a similar position
* Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems and controls
* Familiar with Company products
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to meet people with ease and confidence, understanding and accommodating the needs of the customer.
* Ability to self-start and proactively deliver the service.
* Ability to create a network of contacts across various disciplines that provide advice on what resources are available both within and outside the organization
* Able to work in a flexible manner to provide high quality specialist services which benefit the Company and lead to a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Ability to develop competences and expertise in both self and others in order to gain a satisfactory standard and deliver results within agreed timescales.
* Well organised with a thorough, disciplined and detailed approach to task completion
* Able to be assertive and make decisions in a timely manner.
* Able to work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality
* A logical, analytical and objective approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis
* Understanding and mitigation of Risk
* Ability to work on locomotives in railway sidings, depots and operational sites
* Understand the safety culture within the rail industry and how maintenance impacts on delivering safety
* Approved to carry out Safety Critical Work
* Foreign language skills
* Locomotive driving
* Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
* BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent
* Personal Track Safety
* Emergency First Aid
* Safety Critical Competence (Company Assessment)
* Driving license