Field Service Engineer - CE19518
- Position type
- Key skills
- South East
- Salary (from)
- £26,000 - £50,000
- Actual Rate
- 40k - 45k (inc Van, fuel card, laptop and mobile)
- Contact name
- Caroline Evans
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- March 20th, 2018
Field Service Engineer
To deliver engineering services to customers with a key focus on GBRf. Prime functions are locomotive maintenance to ensure fleet reliability. Responsible for the high quality and effective execution of allocated contract maintenance and engineering projects within agreed timescales and budgets.
* Consistently deliver high standards of engineering workmanship for the client and their customers
* Proactively maintain the customer's locomotive fleet to ensure safe and reliable operation.
* Respond to the customer's unscheduled events in a rapid andamp; efficient manner.
* Complete and maintain all relative documentation in an accurate and timely manner
* To build productive and effective working relationships with Company staff and customers.
* To contribute to the delivery of customer satisfaction and provide market information for the Business Development team to identify and develop new sales or products.
* Adhere to and comply with the Company's Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Policies at all times.
Core Competencies / Technical Requirements
* Relevant experience gained in a similar position/similar locomotive.
* Proven track record of working effectively with Diesel engineering technology, associated systems and controls
* You MUST have working experience and knowledge of class 66.
* Ability to self-start and proactively deliver the service.
* Ability to create a network of contacts across various disciplines that provide advice on what resources are available both within and outside the organization
* Able to work in a flexible manner to provide high quality specialist services which benefit the Company and lead to a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Ability to develop competences and expertise in both self and others in order to gain a satisfactory standard and deliver results within agreed timescales.
* Well organised with a thorough, disciplined and detailed approach to task completion
* Able to be assertive and make decisions in a timely manner.
* Able to work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality
* A logical, analytical and objective approach to problem solving and fault diagnosis
* Understanding and mitigation of Risk
* Ability to work on locomotives in railway sidings, depots and operational sites
* Understand the safety culture within the UK rail industry and how maintenance impacts on delivering safety
* Approved to carry out Safety Critical Work
* Locomotive driving within Depot Boundaries
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CLASS 66 EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED
* Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship or equivalent experience
* BTEC National Certificate /ONC in Engineering or European equivalent.
* Personal Track Safety
* Emergency First Aid
* Safety Critical Competence (Company Assessment)
* Driving license