Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Certified Engineer - SP - 19515
- SP - 19515
- Position type
- Key skills
- East Midlands
- £251 - £500 per day
- Actual Rate
- 250 - 300 per day (DOE)
- Contact name
- Sophie Pape
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- March 12th, 2018
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Certified Engineer
250 - 300 per day (DOE)
Syntax Consultancy have a requirement for a Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Certified Engineer to be based in Derby. You must have a strong customer focus and have a high level of urgency. You must also display high levels of ownership and should be available to start immediately.
- Provide and demonstrate technical experience and troubleshooting skills in all areas of server hardware andamp; software resolving calls within strict SLA's.
- Installation and maintenance of Server hardware, Storage hardware and software including diagnostic utilities, HP Smart Start, Dell Open Manage and Array Manager utilities.
- Remote support of customer faults.
- 1st to 3rd line technical support to assist the Service Desk and other engineers on technical calls and part numbers.
- Provide analysis, solution specification based on customer requirements
- Must hold HPE Certifications - Ideally in HPE XP7
- Hands on Call or data centre experience
- Extremely well organised with good communication skills and excellent spoken/ written English.
- Strong Software Knowledge of one or more software platforms
- Windows server 2008/2012
- Backup exec / Arcserve
- VMware / vSphere
- Strong Hardware knowledge of one or more technical areas
- HP ProLiant G1 - G9
- HP C Class Blades and chassis
- HP P Class Blades and chassis
- HP MSA/EVA
- HP XP
- Dell PowerEdge
- Dell Storage
- Dell EqualLogic / MD1000-3000 / Compellent Storage
- IBM X Series
- IBM I series / P series /storage servers
- In depth Hardware knowledge of single drive tapes, Mid-range tapes libraries and backup solutions.
- MCSA / MCSE / CompTIA A+
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary/rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Developers / Programmers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers
- PMO Managers / PMO Support
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.