IT Engineer - SP - 19353
- SP - 19353
- ICT in Education
- Position type
- Key skills
- 1st Line Support
- £100 - £250 per day
- Actual Rate
- 100 - 120 per day
- Contact name
- Sophie Pape
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- October 6th, 2017
1st Line Support Engineer
2 Month Contract
100 - 120 per day (DOE)
Syntax Consultancy have a requirement for a 1st Line Support Engineer to be based in EastLondon on a contract basis.
You will need to be a passionate customer advocate who possesses the right balance of intuition and resourcefulness to deliver a world-class customer experience.
- Providing onsite support as part of a managed service.
- Assess incoming incidents and prioritise work according to timescales and processes.
- Prioritising and managing assigned workload.
- Exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers through the quality of customer service, meeting their needs and demonstrating the added value of the service provided
- Technical support of a classroom environment, including interactive displays, printer's workstations.
- Respond to and resolve ICT incidents in order to maintain/ exceed contracted service levels.
- Carry out technical investigation into support calls and escalate where issues cannot be progressed.
- Liaise with the service desk and staff to help gather further information in relation to specific issue
- Enhanced DBS/CRB cleared or willing to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
- Experience of working within a School or Education environment
- Basic understanding of virtualisation technologies
- Basic understanding of Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012
- Good understanding of Windows operating systems (Windows 7 andamp; 8.1) and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience of backup technologies (hardware and software) and antivirus solutions
- Able to understand a range of different customer environments
- Motivated, Time Management, Planning andamp; Control
Please email your current CV through for initial consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your work availability, and expected daily rate. If your application matches the role's requirements, you will receive a phone call from one of our consultants who will discuss the opportunity in more detail with you, and be happy to answer your questions about the role. We always endeavour to respond to each unsuitable application; however, due to current high volumes of applications it is not always possible to achieve this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Agency.