IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Analyst (Birmingham) - -19204
- ICT in NHS
- Position type
- Key skills
- Helpdesk / Service Desk
- West Midlands
- 4 - 8 Week Contract
- Actual Rate
- 10 ph
- Contact name
- Sourcing Team
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- June 7th, 2017
IT Helpdesk / Service Desk Analyst
4 to 8 Week Contract
IT Service Desk / Helpdesk Support Analyst needed for a 4 to 8 week initial contract based in Birmingham. Start ASAP in June 2017. Key skills, experience and responsibilities will include:
- Remote IT support / incident management. Diagnosing / resolving IT issues to 1st-2nd line level.
- Technical environment includes: Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP/7, Active Directory (AD), MS Exchange, SCCM, basic Networks (LAN/WAN), wireless, static routing, PC builds / installation, VMware,
- Experienced across a range of support tools (Norton, Remedy, VPN, Remote desktop connection, VNC and Citrix Xenapp).
- Adhering to agreed SLAs / Service Levels for resolving IT issues.
- Communicating clearly with end-users, managing expectations and keeping them updated.
- Escalating complex issues to 3rd Line Support Engineers. Working with field engineers to visit customers if the problem is more complex.
- Call logging and keeping records of user queries.
- NHS / Public Sector industry experience would be helpful but is not essential.
- ITIL incident / problem management would be helpful.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, pay rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you think you would be a good match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will receive a call from a member of the Syntax team who will run through the opportunity in greater detail and will be happy to answer any further questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency.