IT Infrastructure Technician (Inside IR35) - Nottingham - -031017
- ICT in NHS
- Position type
- Key skills
- IT Infrastructure
- East Midlands
- 3 Month Rolling Contract
- Actual Rate
- Contact name
- Sourcing Team
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- October 3rd, 2017
IT Infrastructure Technician
3 Month Contract
120-160/day (Inside IR35)
IT Infrastructure Technician needed for a 3 month rolling contract in Nottingham. Must have own transport and a current UK Driving Licence. NHS / Healthcare industry experience is preferred. Please note, this contract sits inside IR35.
Start ASAP ideally by mid-October 2017. Key skills, experience and responsibilities will include...
- Providing 3rd line IT Infrastructure support, including server / network installation and maintenance.
- Monitoring / managing network and server performance to agreed SLAs.
- Installation / configuration of new IT systems, including critical clinical patient systems for the NHS.
- Assisting Senior Engineers with new server / network upgrades and migrations, including planning to minimise user disruption.
- Diagnosing / resolving IT systems problems, including switches, routers and firewalls.
- Carrying out routine maintenance in line with established policies / procedures.
- Updating documentation and following Change Control processes.
- Participating in the on-call team shift rota.
Skills / Experience:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016.
- MS Exchange 2007/2012.
- Active Directory (AD) administration / support.
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2012.
- SAN / NAS Storage and Backups.
- Virtualisation (VMware).
- Network Adminstration, including: LAN/WAN, DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP and VLANs.
- MCSA or Cisco CCNA / CCNP qualifications would be helpful.
- Any experience of the following would be advantageous: SCCM, Azure, Citrix XenApp, ActiveSync and BES.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, rate expectations and a short statement explaining why you believe you would be a good match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details of the position and who will be happy to answer any further questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency.