Java Software Engineer - AH-19395
- Position type
- Key skills
- East Midlands
- Salary (from)
- £26,000 - £50,000
- Actual Rate
- 35,000 - 70,000
- Contact name
- Alex Hoe
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- November 30th, 2017
Java Software Engineer
35,000 - 70,000 per annum (benefits + bonus + share scheme) (D.o.E)
Start ASAP ideally in December 2017 (subject to candidate notice period)
I'm currently looking for a talented Java Software Engineer to join a fast growing, successful software company which specialises in resource and scheduling software applications for the public transport industry. They develop a range of software products which are used extensively within the rail and other public transport sectors, covering all aspects of operations planning, scheduling, safety and performance, operations management and business reporting.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Working with a small focussed group to define, plan and develop new software offerings, either roadmap features or complete new software packages.
- Offer developer level support for current production software items.
- Communicating with all levels of project resources, internal and external, to provide value adding information and decision making to deliver product with high quality and within previously agreed timescales
- Provide status updates and progress at frequent team stand-ups.
- Be able to demonstrate the software product and articulate the use of the software at the user's level of knowledge.
- Be able to question client requirements and transfer them into generalised roadmap product improvements.
- Analysis of product requirements
- Proposing technical solutions to the technical architect
- Estimating resources and identifying risks to achieve project goals
Your skills and experience:
- 2:1 or higher degree in Computing, Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- Experience of at least 1 major database system (MS Server, Oracle or MySQL) including a comprehensive understanding of the internals, triggers, referential constraints, normalisation, primary key, secondary indexes and table structure.
- Experience of object-oriented development and design patterns;
- An aptitude for modelling complex problem domains;
- Experience with some or all of the following: C#, NET, Dephi (Pascal), MVVM, NUnit, Mercurial
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you think you would be a good match for this position. If your experience matches the job requirements you will receive a call from a member of theSyntaxteam who will run through the opportunity in greater detail and will be happy to answer any further questions you may have. We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltdoperates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency.