Jnr Oracle DBA / Database Administrator (Nottinghamshire) - -19155/4
- Position type
- Key skills
- East Midlands
- Salary (from)
- Actual Rate
- c.20,000 - 30,000 (DOE)
- Contact name
- Sourcing Team
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- July 6th, 2017
Jnr Oracle DBA / Database Administrator
20,000 to 30,000 (DOE)
A superb career opportunity for a Junior or Entry-Level Oracle DBA / Database Administrator. A chance to join an established and fast-moving IT Services business based near Nottingham. An opportunity to build your experience as an Oracle Database Administrator and to work across a diverse range of customer projects. Start ASAP ideally in July / August 2017.
Skills / Experience:
- Ideally at least 12-18 months+ hands-on experience of administering / maintaining Oracle databases.
- This company is also very open to hiring recent IT Graduates with a relevant work placement or final year project demonstrating an active interest in Oracle / Database technologies.
- Experience of supporting Oracle database elements, including: performance tuning, patching, RAC Clusters, RMAN, DataGuard, Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Import-Export (datapump), PL/SQL and OEM.
- Any experience of Unix-based technologies would be an advantage (Linux, Aix, Solaris).
- Day-to-day support, troubleshooting and administration of customer Oracle databases and IT infrastructure (typically to 1st/2nd line level).
- Engaging with customers to diagnose and resolve Oracle database issues across different versions.
- Using the call-handling system to investigate, trouble-shoot and document Oracle database support issues raised by client end-users.
- Writing technical documentation, including customer requirements scoping and qualification documents.
- Participating in the on-call shift rota, which provides 24x7 cover for Oracle customers and end-users.
- Adhering to agreed customer SLAs and best practice framework.
- Assisting in the smooth-running of the Support Desk and working towards becoming a Senior Database Consultant.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you think you would be a good match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will receive a call from a member of the Syntax team who will run through the opportunity in greater detail and will be happy to answer any further questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency.