Level 1 Infrastructure Field Engineer - AH-19423
- ICT in Education
- Position type
- Key skills
- IT Infrastructure
- Salary (from)
- £25,000 (up to)
- Actual Rate
- 14,000 - 17,000
- Contact name
- Alex Hoe
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- March 5th, 2018
Level 1 Field Infrastructure Engineer
14,000 - 19,000 per annum + (Pension Scheme, 25 Days Holiday, Car Allowance Scheme, Mobile Phone)
Field Infrastructure Engineer (Level 1)needed for a permanent opportunity based inRoyston, Hertfordshire.A superb opportunity to join an education sector market leader in managed product and service solutions that help organisations to achieve their wider business or learning objectives.
The focus of the role is to support the clients Primary School Solutions; Act as technical contact point for all of their infrastructure customers and provide 1st line support; provide internal support and assist on installations.
Task and responsibilities:
- Provide Telephone and Remote Technical Support to their Infrastructure customer base
- Record support calls, logging faults and arranging RMAs for equipment that needs to be returned for repair
- Within individual areas of expertise, to provide consultancy service at customer request
- Maintain, Create and Publish Technical Documentation and Knowledge Base articles
- Provide support to their internal customers and support their internal systems as required
- Escalate on going issues and major issues internally through management chain
- Ensure that all support calls are logged on the ticket system with accurate priority levels
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies that are core to their infrastructure proposition
- Manage change control documentation and Configuration Documentation for each site
- Study for and attain up-to-date Microsoft qualifications and associated relevant skills
- Identify new business opportunities
- Ensure safe working environment whilst in the office and onsite
- Maintain all customer documentation
- Identify opportunities for improvements and feedback
Skills and experience:
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Thorough understanding of key IT technologies:
- Active Directory,DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP,Wireless Networking
- Good understanding of Microsoft File Servers and permissions
- Ability to install and configure Microsoft technologies (Microsoft Office, Client Operating systems, etc.)
- Good understanding of device imaging and technologies
- Proven ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team environment
- An understanding of Cloud Technologies (Desirable)
- Microsoft Related Qualification (Desirable)
- Willingness to travel is essential.
- Will be required to stay away during installations
- Will need to pass a DBS check
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary/rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have. We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you think you would be a good match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will receive a call from a member of theSyntaxteam who will run through the opportunity in greater detail and will be happy to answer any further questions you may have. We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
* Developers / Programmers
* Project Managers / Programme Managers
* PMO Managers / PMO Support
* Business Analysts
* IT Architects
* Database Administrators (DBAs)
* Testers / Test Managers
* Infrastructure / Networking
* Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
* IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.