Locomotive Fitter - CE19194
- Position type
- Key skills
- Yorkshire and Humber
- Salary (from)
- 6 months
- Actual Rate
- Contact name
- Caroline Evans
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- May 30th, 2017
To deliver high quality production services (repair, overhaul, and modifications) in a safe and efficient manner. To be proactive and an integral part of a 24/7/365 service organization. To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company's HSEQ Policy at all times. Responsible for the quality of own work, cleaning and tidying of work area. To work effectively and with a sense of urgency supporting others in the team.
Critical Success Factors:
To ensure zero defects and or warranty claims on own areas of work
To provide a proactive and responsive service 24/7/365
To contribute positively to continuous improvement activities within the Directorate.
On time completion of tasks
Proactive and effective support of team members in service delivery
Maintain a safe, tidy and clean work area
To contribute to the quality improvement of the directorate
To build productive and effective working relationships with Company staff
Adhere to and comply with the Company's Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Policies at all times.
To participate in the Company appraisal process maintaining at all times the levels of professional competency laid out in this Job Description.
Core Competencies / Technical Requirements
Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
Effective communication skills
Ability to identify whether self, others or the organisation are achieving their objectives and also any variances there may be in terms of goals and timescales. Ensure that corrective action plans are formulated and implemented.
Consider problems as a challenge, collect information relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate the findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
Search out errors, rectify omissions, perfect systems and procedures which will ultimately raise the quality and standards of all tasks undertaken.?
Develop and comply with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organization and take a disciplined approach when undertaking tasks.
Communicate effectively and through example and expertise create a participative and involved atmosphere.
Encourage a high level of performance in self and others.
Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve a result.
Be non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations and in order to achieve agreed and acceptable standards and timescales adopt a passive and non-demanding working ethic.
English and Math's at GCSE, or equivalent, desirable.
Higher or Advanced Diploma or equivalent.
Hold relevant City and Guilds, Awarding Body Consortium (ABC), EMTA Awards Ltd, SVQs, Technical Certificates or equivalent.
Technical / Operations
Main functions may include some or all of the following:
* To ensure that our customer's products are maintained/repaired/overhauled/modified to current legal, national, industry and company standards within the company'scontractual responsibilities.
* To ensure that our customers products are delivered on time and to budget following maintenance/repair/overhaul/modification.
* To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
* Responsible for carrying out all technical and non-technical duties and responsibilities within company work instructions guidelines, procedures and policies.
* Carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul activities as necessary, including reasonable travel (UK and International) including staying away overnight as required
* Responsible for delivering high standards of engineering, maintenance and workmanship.
* Ensure that the quality procedures are adhered to, working closely with the Production Foreman, Engineering Department and QHSE representatives.
* Assist in the processing specific technical engineering issues as directed and provide guidance to other staff as necessary.