Locomotive fitter (Mechanical and Electrical) - CE19487
- Position type
- Key skills
- Yorkshire and Humber
- Salary (from)
- £26,000 - £50,000
- Actual Rate
- 28k (starting salary)
- Contact name
- Caroline Evans
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- March 20th, 2018
Locomotive Fitter (Electrical andamp; Mechanical) (x 4)
28k (starting salary) to increase to 33k
To deliver high quality production services (repair, overhaul, and modifications) in a safe and efficient manner. To be proactive and an integral part of a 24/7/365 service organization. To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company's HSEQ Policy at all times. Responsible for the quality of own work, cleaning and tidying of work area. To work effectively and with a sense of urgency supporting others in the team.
Critical Success Factors:
* To ensure zero defects and or warranty claims on own areas of work
* To provide a proactive and responsive service 24/7/365
* To contribute positively to continuous improvement activities within the Directorate.
* On time completion of tasks
* Proactive and effective support of team members in service delivery
* Maintain a safe, tidy and clean work area
* To contribute to the quality improvement of the directorate
* To build productive and effective working relationships with Company staff
* Adhere to and comply with the Company's Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Policies at all times.
Core Competencies / Technical Requirements
* Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
* Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
* Ability to identify whether self, others or the organisation are achieving their objectives and also any variances there may be in terms of goals and timescales. Ensure that corrective action plans are formulated and implemented.
* Consider problems as a challenge, collect information relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate the findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
* Search out errors, rectify omissions, perfect systems and procedures which will ultimately raise the quality and standards of all tasks undertaken.?
* Develop and comply with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organization and take a disciplined approach when undertaking tasks.
* Communicate effectively and through example and expertise create a participative and involved atmosphere.
* Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve a result.
* Be non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations and in order to achieve agreed and acceptable standards and timescales adopt a passive and non-demanding working ethic.
* English and Math's at GCSE, or equivalent, desirable.
* Higher or Advanced Diploma or equivalent.
Technical / Operations
Main functions may include some or all of the following:
* To ensure that our customer's products are maintained/repaired/overhauled/modified to current legal, national, industry and company standards within contractual responsibilities.
* To ensure that our customers products are delivered on time and to budget following maintenance/repair/overhaul/modifications
* To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
* Responsible for carrying out all technical and non-technical duties and responsibilities within company work instructions guidelines, procedures and policies.
* Responsible for delivering high standards of engineering, maintenance and workmanship.
* Ensure that the quality procedures are adhered to, working closely with the Production Foreman, Engineering Department and QHSE representatives.
You will ideally come from a rail background or alternatively have Plant/ HGV experience.
2days/ 2 nights/ 4 off
4 on/ 4 off