Network and Server Support Analyst - 19252-AH
- Position type
- Key skills
- South East
- Salary (from)
- £26,000 - £50,000
- Actual Rate
- Up to 32,000
- Contact name
- Alex Hoe
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- July 14th, 2017
Network andamp; Server Support Analyst
up to 32,000 per annum (DOE)
Network andamp; Server Support Analystneeded for an permanent career opportunity based near Luton.A chance to join a thriving global IT Managed IT Service Company.This position is responsible for providing support for the Network, server and storage infrastructure, including all data centres, physical and virtual servers, storage and backup infrastructure across Customers UK bases.
- Perform daily checks, manage change and resolve incidents on a day to day basis.
- Act as an owner for high severity incidents and will be responsible for ensuring appropriate escalation is under taken to support business needs.
- Technical skills include: HP Networking, WAN technology, Windows Server OS's,Office365,PowerShell, VMWARE vSphere 5,Solarwinds, Endpoint Security
- Proactively manage the estate to implement best practise solutions to mitigate against incidents.
- Responsible for delivering against patching schedules, maintenance windows, driving best practice on technologies and liaising with third party suppliers to ensure all levels of support are met.
- Driveto resolve incidents from a technical perspective and will need to be able to maintain and create documentation. They need to have the ability to think logically and have an agile approach under pressure and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Work closely with other IT groups to ensure compliance with the corporate policies and standards. They will also work closely with system owners within IT and the business to ensure communication and support is effective on key critical systems.
- Work closely with the IT Technical Architect team to effectively deliver projects on time.
- Liaise with desktop support and helpdesk analysts to provide a 3rd line level of support on incidents.
- Responsible for ensuring any skills pertinent to first and second line are transferred enabling a ?shift left? of skills to other IT teams.
Please email your current CV through for initial consideration stating your work availability, and expected salary / package.
If your application matches the role's requirements, you will receive a phone call from one of our consultants who will discuss the opportunity in more detail with you, and be happy to answer your questions about the role.
We always endeavour to respond to each unsuitable application, however, due to current high volumes of applications it is not always possible to achieve this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Agency.