Oracle DBA / Database Support - Nottinghamshire - -19155/2
- Position type
- Key skills
- East Midlands
- Salary (from)
- Actual Rate
- to 45,000 (DOE) + Benefits
- Contact name
- Sourcing Team
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- May 31st, 2017
Oracle DBA / Database Support
to 45,000 (DOE)
A superb career opportunity for anOracle DBA / Database Support Administrator. A chance to join an established and fast-moving IT Services business based in Nottingham. Start ASAP ideally in June / July 2017.
- Ideally at least 2-3+ years' experience of administering Oracle databases (including Oracle 11g/12c).
- Proven experience of supporting core Oracle database components including: RAC Clusters, RMAN, Patching, Performance Tuning, DataGuard, Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Import-Export (datapump), PL/SQL and OEM.
- Any experience of Windows or Unix-based o/s would be helpful (Linux, Aix, Solaris).
- Oracle Certification would be an advantage (OCP / OCA).
- Day-to-day BAU support, trouble-shooting and administration of customer Oracle databases and IT infrastructure, typically to 1st/2nd line level.
- Engaging directly with customers to diagnose and resolve Oracle database issues.
- Using the call-handling system to investigate, trouble-shoot and document Oracle database support issues raised by client end-users.
- Writing technical documentation, including customer requirements scoping and qualification documents.
- Participating in the on-call shift rota, which provides 24x7 cover for Oracle customers and end-users.
- Adhering to agreed customer SLAs and best practice framework.
- Assisting in the smooth-running of the Oracle Support Desk and working towards becoming a Senior Database Consultant.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you think you would be a good match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will receive a call from a member of the Syntax team who will run through the opportunity in greater detail and will be happy to answer any further questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency.