Senior Field Engineer - HM - 19384
- HM - 19384
- ICT in Education
- Position type
- Key skills
- CRB / DBS
- Salary (from)
- £26,000 - £50,000
- Actual Rate
- Up to 45,000 (DOE) + Benefits
- Contact name
- Hayley McCabe
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- April 11th, 2018
Senior Support Engineer
Harrow (Field Based)
Up to 45,000 Per Annum + Benefits
Senior Support Engineer needed by a leading managed service provider in the Education Sector, to help support their wealth of schools. A superb opportunity has arisen for a Senior Support Engineer to join a highly recognised and always expanding IT Solutions and managed service provider.
We need an engineer with a solid background in and extensive experience of supporting substantial infrastructures and networks utilising both Microsoft and Apple Technologies.
As a Senior Support Engineer you will be working in different educational environments with a team of dedicated professionals. Your job will take you regularly to locations across Surrey, Kent, Sussex and London where you will be:
- Resolving 2nd/3rd Line support calls and escalated issues
- Supporting and maintaining infrastructures and networks to ensure maximum service ability
- Responsible for, and overall management of, a number of support teams in various schools and colleges.
- Successfully designing, documenting and completing installation/upgrade/replacement projects, including managing any required implementation teams
- Able to communicate at all levels from the school senior leadership level to staff and students.
- Experience of supporting IT in a controlled educational environment
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Systems including (But not limited to);
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Windows Deployment
- Switch/Router/Firewall configuration
- Hyper-V or VMWARE Clusters
- 2nd/3rd Line knowledge of configuring and maintaining apple systems including:
- Profile Manager
- Current versions of OSX
- Workgroup Manager
- Deploy Studio/Apple Image Creation
- iPad Deployment (using Apple Configurator or an MDM Solution)
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills
- Full UK driving license and a car owner/driver
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary/rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Developers / Programmers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers
- PMO Managers / PMO Support
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.