Senior IT Support Technician - Senior IT Support Technician - Derby - 19478/1
- Senior IT Support Technician - Derby - 19478/1
- Position type
- Key skills
- IT Support Technician
- East Midlands
- Salary (from)
- £25,000 (up to)
- Actual Rate
- 21000-25000 (DOE)
- Contact name
- Zain Farooq
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- February 26th, 2018
Senior IT Support Technician
21,000 - 25,000 (DOE) + On Call Bonus + Laptop/Mobile + Increased Annual Holiday + Company Benefits
Senior IT Support Technician needed for a permanent career opportunity based in Derby. A superb opportunity to join a leading manufacturing business. Excellent scope for career advancement and to pick-up new technical skills.
Start ASAP ideally in Feb 2018. Key skills, experience and responsibilities will include...
- To manage the support desk, priorities and allocating tasks to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the company's IT systems in line with business requirements.
- To provide 1st/2nd/3rd line technical support to the companies end users.
- To supervise and mentor the IT Support Technicians.
- 3-5 years previous experience with supporting IT in a similar manufacturing or food production environment.
- Working in a structured environment, recording activities in a IT logging and scheduling package.
- At least 3-5 years previous experience with Microsoft Server products and Active Directory Services.
- Experience of team supervision.
- Provide out-of-hours support on a rota basis.
- Occasional travel to other company sites (typically once per month).
Technical environments include:
- Windows 2003 and onwards Server Administration
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10
- Networking protocols including wireless
- Citrix/XenApp/Remote Desktop Services
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- IP phone systems
- HP Servers
- Exchange Server 2010 and onwards including Exchange On-line
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary/rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
* Developers / Programmers
* Project Managers / Programme Managers
* PMO Managers / PMO Support
* Business Analysts
* IT Architects
* Database Administrators (DBAs)
* Testers / Test Managers
* Infrastructure / Networking
* Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
* IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.