Software Developer - AH - 19427
- AH - 19427
- Position type
- Key skills
- East Midlands
- Salary (from)
- £26,000 - £50,000
- Actual Rate
- 25,000 - 35,000
- Contact name
- Alex Hoe
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- January 9th, 2018
25,000 - 35,000 per annum + (Pension Scheme, Life Insurance, 21 days annual leave, Flexible Working)
Software Developer needed for a permanent opportunity based in Nottingham. A superb opportunity to join Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services.
Based in Nottingham, the successful candidate will be actively involved in customising andamp; improving their bespoke ERP system, delivering bespoke applications and B2B connections, supporting On Prem SharePoint sites and working with other WebBased Technologies.
Some of the programme challenges are: large heterogeneous object models, multi-languages, multi-process systems and cluster support.
Software Development (65%)
- Support the business maintaining and developing bespoke applications in accordance with best practises
- Maintain version control on development deployments
SQL Services (20%)
- Working alongside the Systems Administrator ensure that the operational data / databasare configured and maintained to provide optimum performance for transactional activities.
- Create queries, procedures, functions and triggers as required by application and reports development.
- DR andamp; BC - working with the Systems Administrator ensure that the business has an effective DR / BC solution for all SQL Data
SharePoint andamp; Web Application (15%)
- Working with the business define, design, brand and develop within the SharePoint environment - utilising common tools / code / scripts / HTML / CSS
Reporting Services (5%)
- Design and maintain reports as required
- Integrate / migrate reporting into SharePoint
Job requirements and qualifications:
- Hands on Product knowledge of Microsoft Development Tools, to include (but not limited to) VB DotNet, Visual Studio Tools.
- VB.Net (Winforms)
- Evidence of supporting ERP / WMS systems
- Evidence of delivery of bespoke application
- Evidence of adaptability / flexible to changing demands
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Previous experience of legacy VB6
- Experience of Application / Web Application design
- Experience of SharePoint Design andamp; Support
- SSRS Reporting (SSAS or other OLAP experience may be useful)
- Other software development languages / skills (Wordpress, Jscript)
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary/rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Developers / Programmers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers
- PMO Managers / PMO Support
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.