Software Developer (Simulation Technology) - AH-19421
- Position type
- Key skills
- East Midlands
- Salary (from)
- £26,000 - £50,000
- Actual Rate
- 25,000 - 40,000
- Contact name
- Alex Hoe
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- February 13th, 2018
25,000 - 40,000 per annum + (Pension Scheme, Life Insurance, 26 days annual leave, BUPA Healthcare, Early Finish Friday, Flexible Working)
Software Developer needed for a permanent opportunity based in Nottingham. A superb opportunity to join a global provider of integrated software services for gearbox, bearings and driveline systems to automotive, bearing, wind energy, off rail, rail, marine and aerospace.
Due to continued growth they are seeking a Software Developer to work in their Simulation Technology Software Development team. You will be a talented individual with strong problem-solving skills and a desire for creating and delivering sophisticated software.
You will be developing our world leading CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) applications for blue chip automotive and renewable energy companies.
Some of the programme challenges are: large heterogeneous object models, multi-languages, multi-process systems and cluster support.
- Work with our developers andamp; mechanical engineers in an agile environment
- Join discussions on the present and future architectural needs of the product.
- Continuously improve the technology
- Actively contribute to the culture of this dynamic team
- Delivering multi-language, multi-platform and multi-process solutions
Job requirements and qualifications:
- Degree qualified in computer science or scientific/engineering post-graduate degree
- Appreciation of architecture principles with 3 years' commercial OO experience
- Strong all-round coding and test skills
Technology skills in some of the following
- SQL databases
- Agile (SCRUM) methodology experience
- TDD experience
- Development life-cycle in a scientific/technical area
- Windows experience
- Linux experience
- SQL Server
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary/rate expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd is a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Developers / Programmers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers
- PMO Managers / PMO Support
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Database Administrators (DBAs)
- Testers / Test Managers
- Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- IT Managers / Head of IT
As Syntax we pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.