SQL Server DBA (Nottinghamshire) - -19259/5
- Position type
- Key skills
- East Midlands
- Salary (from)
- Permanent (Full-Time)
- Actual Rate
- to 50,000 (DOE) + Benefits
- Contact name
- Sourcing Team
- Contact telephone
- 01332 293 605
- Contact email
- Last Updated
- February 9th, 2018
SQL Server DBA
to 50,000 (DOE) + Excellent Benefits
SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) needed for a superb career opportunity based near Nottingham. A chance to join an established, reputable IT Services business with a positive ethos. Start ideally in March / April 2018 (subject to candidate Notice Period / Availability).
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / DUTIES...
- BAU support, troubleshooting and administration of customer MS SQL Server databases (SQL Server 7 to SQL 2014/2016).
- Engaging directly with customers to investigate, diagnose and resolve SQL database issues.
- Primary SQL DBA expertise to include: Clusters (Failover/AlwaysOn), Database Mirroring, Replication, Performance Tuning, Backup, Log Shipping, Maintenance Planning and Windows / Linux OS.
- Involvement in project work, including scoping customer requirements and creating technical documentation for SQL Server database solutions.
- Participating in the on-call shift rota, which provides 24x7 cover for customers and end-users. Assisting in the smooth-running of the SQL Database Support Desk.
- Working to agreed customer SLAs and Best Practice frameworks.
- SQL Server certification would be and advantage (MCDBA, MCSE, MCSA etc).
- Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary expectations and a short paragraph explaining why you believe you are a strong match for this position.
- If your experience matches the job requirements you will be contacted by a member of the Syntax team who will run through the full details with you and be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- We do our very best to respond to all applications. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltdis a leading independent IT and Tech recruitment specialist.
We offer over three decades of experience in providing outstanding talent into clients throughout the UK andamp; Europe, including the IT Consultancy, Government, Education, NHS, Software and Retail markets.
We specialise in supplying high-end Contract / Interim and Permanent IT, Digital and Technical professionals who make an immediate, positive impact, including...
- Database Administrators (DBAs) - SQL Server / Oracle
- Developers / Programmers
- Project Managers / Programme Managers / PMO / Planners
- Business Analysts
- IT Architects
- Testers / Test Managers
- IT Support / Infrastructure / Networking
- Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehousing
- Web / Digital / e-Commerce
- IT Managers / Head of IT
AsSyntaxwe pride ourselves on providing an outstanding service to our candidates and clients. We aim to make the recruitment process as positive and hassle-free as possible, whatever the final outcome.
Syntax Consultancy Ltdoperates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency. Please visit our website to view our latest career opportunities.